Questions? Email Megan@PowerOfTouchForAnimals, if you're not sure which option is best for you.
Want a certificate? Or need Continuing Ed credit? There is an optional assignment you may complete in order to earn a certificate. There is an additional fee for review of assignment and providing certificate.
I recommend you confirm acceptance of this e-course with the organization requiring your CE credits.
- Finding your way around your lessons
- Finding your way around the rest of the E-Learning Center site
- Navigating on your phone??
- Interested in Certification and/or becoming a professional?
- Topic 1: Overview
- Topic 2: What Is aging?
- Topic 3: "Big Picture" silent demo of one session
- PDF of assignment with instructions
- Topic 1: Contraindications and Precautions
- Topic 2: How much pressure?
- Topic 3: How will I know? Reading your horse's feedback
- Supplement PDF on reading your horse's feedback
- Topic 1: A brief overview of meridians (general locations and concepts)
- Topic 2: A "Chi Bath" for you
- Topic 3: A "Chi Bath" for your horse
- Blank charts for drawing practice
- Topic 1: Eastern and Western Concepts of Physiology of Aging
- PDF, Webinar Slides for Topic 1 video
- Topic 2: Pathways and key points, Kidney and Bladder meiridians
- Topic 3: Meridian Massage Applied
- Topic1: What is acupressure, and why is it so perfect for senior horses?
- Topic 2: Helping the whole Mind-Body system with key acupressure points
- PDF to go with Lesson 5 Topic 2 video
- Topic 3: A little more background info for deeper understandings
- Topic 1: Overview of Lessons 6 and 8
- Topic 2: 1st Technique with some key points for senior horses
- PDF to go wtih Lesson 6, Topics 2 and 3 videos
- Topic 3: 2nd Technique with More Key Points
- Topic 1: Eastern and Western Concepts of the Physiology of Aging (adding on to Lesson 4)
- PDF (Part 1) to go with Lesson 7, Topic 1 video
- PDF (supplement) to go with Lesson 7, Topic 1 video
- Topic 2: Pathways and key points, Lung and Large Intestine Meridians
- Topic 2: Extra chart for full page reference
- Topic 3: More Meridian Massage
- Topic 1: 3rd Technique, and key points for senior horses (use Lesson 4, Topic 2 PDF as reference for point locations)
- Topic 2: 4th Technique, and more key points for seniors
- Topic 1: Where and how to start?
- Topic 2: Helpful acupressure points for neck tension and arthritis
- Topic 3: Basic physiology of joints and arthritis
- Topic 1: A sequence with "flow"
- Topic 2: Continuing to develop your skills and understanding....
- Please share your thoughts
Megan is a Licensed Massage Therapist for animals and people, and author of books on equine and canine bodywork. Her background and teaching include techniques and insights for both the physical/structural aspects of the body, and the energy aspects of the body-mind system.