Questions? Email Megan@PowerOfTouchForAnimals, if you're not sure which option is best for you.
Want a certificate? Or need Continuing Ed credit? There is an optional assignment you may complete in order to earn a certificate. There is an additional fee for review of assignment and providing certificate.
I recommend you confirm acceptance of this e-course with the organization requiring your CE credits.
- Finding your way around your lessons
- Finding your way around the rest of the E-Learning Center site
- Navigating on your phone??
- Interested in Certification and/or becoming a professional?
- Topic 1: Overview
- Topic 2: What Is aging?
- Topic 3: "Big Picture" silent demo of one session
- PDF of assignment, with instructions
- Topic 1: Contraindications and Precautions
- Audio: Interview with Dr. DeLeeuw, DVM
- Topic 2: How much pressure?
- Topic 3: How will I know? Reading your dog's feedback
- Supplement PDF on reading your dog's feedback
- Topic 1: A brief overview of meridians (general locations and concepts)
- Topic 2: A "Chi Bath" for you
- Topic 3: A "Chi Bath" for your dog
- Blank charts for drawing practice
- Topic 1: Eastern and Western Concepts of Physiology of Aging
- PDF, Webinar Slides for Topic 1 video
- Topic 2: Pathways and key points, Kidney and Bladder meiridians
- Topic 3: Meridian Massage Applied
- Topic1: What is acupressure, and why is it so perfect for senior dogs?
- Topic 2: Helping the whole Mind-Body system with key acupressure points
- PDF to go with Lesson 5 Topic 2 video
- Topic 3: A little more background info for deeper understandings
- Topic 1: Overview of Lessons 6 and 8
- Topic 2: 1st Technique with some key points for senior dogs
- PDF to go wtih Lesson 6, Topic 2
- Topic 3: 2nd Technique with More Key Points
- PDF to go with Lesson 6, Topic 3
- Topic 1: Eastern and Western Concepts of the Physiology of Aging (adding on to Lesson 4)
- PDF (Part 1) to go with Lesson 7, Topic 1 video
- PDF (Part 2) to go with Lesson 7, Topic 1 video
- Topic 2: Pathways and key points, Lung and Large Intestine meridians
- Topic 3: More Meridian Massage
- Topic 1: 3rd Technique, and key points for senior dogs (use Lesson 4, Topic 2 PDF as reference for point locations)
- Topic 2: 4th Technique, and more key points for seniors
- PDF to go with Lesson 8, Topic 2
- Topic 1: Where and how to start?
- Topic 2: Helpful acupressure points for neck tension and arthritis
- Topic 3: Basic physiology of joints and arthritis
- Topic 1: A sequence with "flow"
- Topic 2: "Reluctant receivers"
- Supplement video on "reluctant receivers"
- Topic 3: Continuing to develop your skills and understanding....
- Please share your thoughts
Megan is a Licensed Massage Therapist for animals and people, and author of books on equine and canine bodywork. Her background and teaching include techniques and insights for both the physical/structural aspects of the body, and the energy aspects of the body-mind system.
This is an awesome class for practitioners and for dog owners alike. Lots of great review and tips and techniques that animal bodywork practitioners can add in to their own routines and great reminders too. For dog owners who want to help suppor...Read More
This is an awesome class for practitioners and for dog owners alike. Lots of great review and tips and techniques that animal bodywork practitioners can add in to their own routines and great reminders too. For dog owners who want to help support own pets, this class is jam packed with ideas. I love the videos and watching MA work! It is such a pleasure to see her connect with the animals.Read Less
So well presented and informative. Megan is a GREAT instructor!
So well presented and informative. Megan is a GREAT instructor!Read Less